Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An absurdly easy recipe to make an amazingly rich, tasty dish that will fool people into thinking you spend forever working on it. Sauce is the key to the recipe, you can toss with penne, tortellini, ravioli or whatever you like the best!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1 portabella mushroom, head cut in bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (can substitute shrimp or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lb penne (or your favorite pasta)
- Follow instructions on box to cook pasta, while the water is coming to a boil and your cooking the pasta make the sauce as follows.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and cream cheese together, stirring occasionally to blend. Add the diced onion and garlic while stirring.
- Once smooth add the milk and stir to blend, stir in cheese until melted.
- Add crab, portabella and old bay. Bring to a light simmer. Thin sauce with additional milk if desired.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
This was very rich and good. I used only half the butter (seemed like a lot) and more milk for a smooth sauce. Also substituted peas for the mushrooms (only because DH doesn't like them). I am saving this recipe as I will definitely make again. Good & easy! Thanks for posting.