Recipe by Manami
Delicious and very pretty - has that certain WOW factor! Sunset Magazine, January 2001 edition. Can be assembled w/out the garnish 2-4 hours ahead. If using salmon caviar, rinse with cold water and drain; use cold.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1⁄2 lb shelled fresh cooked crab
- 1⁄2 cup tobiko caviar or 1⁄2 cup salmon caviar
- 4 -8 slices English cucumbers, garnish
- fresh chives, spears rinsed, garnish
1/2 cup CREAMMY WASABI DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared wasabi (add it little by little)
Directions See How It's Made
- CREAMY WASABI DRESSING: (Make first).
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice and wasabi to taste.
- In a bowl, mix celery, chopped cucumber, and minced chives.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons crab into each of 4 tall, stemmed glasses (about 8 oz. each); divide half the celery mixture, half the creamy wasabi dressing, and half the caviar among glasses.
- Repeat, ending with caviar.
- Garnish parfaits with cucumber slices and chive spears.