Recipe by NorthwestGal
Time and budget friendly! This is a simple-to-prepare dish with plenty of spices and tasty ingredients to make a creamy, cheesy crab and asparagus noodle casserole. It’s great for busy nights when your time is limited but you have a hungry family waiting for dinner. Adjust the horseradish and red pepper flakes to whatever level of spicy pleasure you can tolerate. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
We absolutely loved this recipe. I used fresh white asparagus and my own home made gluten free egg noodles but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. It turned out perfectly, and I'll definitely make it again.
Thanks for sharing this yummy idea :)
Made for RSC #18
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drain well
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 18 ounces imitation crabmeat, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can asparagus spears, cut, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup cream (10% cream or Half and Half)
- 1 -2 tablespoon horseradish cream (your choice, mild or hot)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large dutch oven or saucepot, cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain well. Return drained noodles to saucepot; set aside.
- In medium skillet, sauté onion, garlic and celery in vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft; set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cooked onion mixture, crabmeat, drained asparagus, half of the parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes to the noodle. Mix well; set aside.
- Whisk together the cream, horseradish cream, salt and pepper. Pour over the crabmeat mixture, and blend well with wooden spoon or large ladle.
- Pour crab and noodle mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, and sprinkle a light layer of the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve hot.