Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The title says it all! Wonderful comfort food! This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Marlyn in Villa Grove, Illinois! :)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (1 lg. whole stewing chicken, stewed, the meat only)
- 1 cup diced water chestnut
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped or thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine, 1/4 cup
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Ritz crackers or 1 1⁄2 cups Chicken In A Biscuit crackers
- Stir/fold all together except butter and crumbs, pour into baking dish.
- Top with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350• for about 30 minutes.
This casserole was excellent. I put the casserole over white rice and served with green beans, delicious! Even the kids loved it.
YUM!!!! This is fantastic! Rich and creamy, a perfect simple weeknight meal, even my picky 8 yo loves it! Thank you!!!!
This is wonderful!! I loved it! Dear husband gave it a 4 and that is the highest he has ever rated a recipe. If I could I'd give you 20+. I will be making this again. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you