Recipe by cookCol
This recipe ran in our local paper a couple of years ago. The additon of the sour cream at this end is a beautiful finishing touch to an already tasty gravy.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packagesdry chicken gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart or larger slow cooker place potatoes, carrots and onions. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl combine contents of gravy packages, water, dried thyme, poultry seasoning and seasoned salt. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook 7 hours on Low or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken and vegetables on platter and cover to kep warm.
- Whisk sour cream into drippings in cooker.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.