Recipe by Nana Lee
Found this recipe on another site and didn't want to lose it. It sounds like a great and easy chciken dish.
Top Review by aderyn3
This was a great meal! I served it with egg noodles. It was a nice change from the norm, easy to fix. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces, and it still turned out nicely. Even my husband thought it was good, and he's hard to please!
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 3 cups cubed potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups baby carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages chicken gravy mix (size is a guess)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in slow cooker amd top with chicken, overlapping slightly.
- Mix Gravy Mixes, water, thyme, poultry seasoning and Season-All in small bowl and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place chicken and vegetables on platter or in large bowl.
- Whisk sour cream into drippings in slow cooker; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.