Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicate sauce over chicken and mushrooms. A great dish for a dinner party.
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In lg pot, saute onion, carrot, and celery in butter until tender, remove and set aside.
- In same pot, brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To pot, add wine, simmer until reduced by half.
- Add broth and seasonings.
- Return chicken and sauted veggies to pot.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and place on serving platter.
- Mix flour and milk; add to pot, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- In skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 T butter until browned.
- Spoon mushrooms over chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and mushrooms.
This recipe is awesome! I followed the recipe exactly as posted and it is definetely a winner at our house. The sauce is so.... flavorful. Thank you for sharing. Gee.
A home run Inez!!!! My wife and I loved your recipe-we will certainly make it again! I did not have any celery but I substituted a zucchini in place. I really liked the creamy sauce, in fact I added some more butter, flour, and the remainder of the evaporated milk. Truly outstanding!
This was very nice. My husband loved it. I wasn't quite as enthusiastic, but thought it was worth making again sometime. I had some whipping cream in the fridge, so used that instead of the evaporated milk. I added extra veggies, and since I like them crisp, didn't saute them, but just added at step 7. They were perfect for us. The sauce was really nice with the mushrooms and chicken. I served this with rice. Thank you, MizzNezz!