1/2 Photos of Creamy Corn Soup With Red Bell Pepper
We love this simple, tasty soup. It's a little bit spicy, but you can control the spiciness by the amount of chipotles you add. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups water (or more)
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles, chopped
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes with juices to pot; cook 2 minutes.
- 3Combine 2 cups water and chipotle chilies in blender and puree. Mix puree and cream-style corn into vegetables in pot. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add frozen corn, cream and oregano; simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Corn Soup With Red Bell Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 903.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g