Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe can be found on page 104 of the Tawes Home Cookbook #2 (Alice Byrd Tawes Nursing Home) in Crisfield, MD...submitted by Rose Muller. This is different because it uses soda crackers and your choice of a cream soup (vegetable, celery, chicken or mushroom). I am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cream soup
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 cup soda cracker, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter a 1-quart casserole and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine your choice of cream soup, onion, and pepper.
- In the casserole, arrange alternate layers of the soup mixture, drained corn, and crumbled crackers.
- Dot top with butter.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Had this tonight for a side and it was really tasty! Not exactly gourmet, more comfort food. I subbed a frozen veg mix (carrot, green bean, corn) for canned corn, used cream of chicken soup, and had to sub bread crumbs for cracker crumbs. Next time I'll try this with the crackers. Thanks for sharing an easy, adaptable recipe!