Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful combination of spices and textures. This vibrant salad really brightens this menu! This recipe is from the "Company's Coming - Weekend Cooking" cookbook.
- 12 ounces kernel corn, drained
- 14 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
SPICY RANCE DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- SPICY RANCE DRESSING: Combine all 5 ingredients in small bowl. Stir until well combined. Makes 2/3 cup dressing. Drizzle over corn mixture. Toss well. Makes about 4 cups. Serves 6.