Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Taste of Home recipe. I do love that magazine!! This is a cold salad and though I haven't made it yet, looks like it would be a great side with that summer bar-b-q. Prep time does not include chill time. Update to let you know I've not only made this once but several times and it's always well recieved by everyone. Nice blend of flavors and so easy to put together.
- 6 cups corn, frozen, thawed
- 3 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2⁄3 cup green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, peppers and onion.
- In small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until chilled.
This is Delicious. Because DH doesn't like avocado, I omitted it and put in a little extra corn. The sweetness of the corn combined with the crunchiness of the bell pepper and the juicy fresh tomatoes creates a great summer salad (or any other time for that matter). The dressing adds just the right amount of zip. We had this with a shrimp and rice casserole and it was soooo good. This will be prepared again. Thank you for sharing.
Excellent! I have made this three times now using different variations and even adding pasta for a pasta salad version. I also added fresh basil which really took it up a notch. The sauce is great and last in fridge. Will use again and again.