Recipe by JodiQ
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it is on of my favorites. As a working mom, I love to come home to a meal ready in the crock pot. Add a salad or some sandwiches on sourdough bread, and you've got a wonderful winter meal. Don't forget to take some to work for lunch tomorrow!
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml ham, diced
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 432.33 g can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 29.58 ml butter (or margarine)
- 2.46 ml salt (adjust to taste)
- 0.59 ml pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml approx water (enough to cover, see step 1 below)
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker place the potatoes, onions, ham, celery, corn, butter or margarine and salt and pepper. Add water to cover and add two bouillon cubes.
- Cook on low setting for 8 - 9 hours. Stir in the evaporated milk, and continue to cook for 30 more minutes.