Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite salads to serve at a BBQ party, feel free to add in other veggies that you desire such as red or green bell peppers :)
- 4 cups drained canned corn niblets (or use both!) or 4 cups frozen thawed peas (or use both!)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or thinly sliced)
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers (peeled and seeds removed)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Place the corn or peas on a plate and pat dry using paper towel/s then place in a bowl with onions, cucumbers and celery (DO NOT add in the tomatoes you will add them in just before serving) toss to combine.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour over the veggies; mix well to combine.
- Season with black pepper and more salt if needed.
- Cover and chill for a few hours to blend the flavors.
- Just before serving add in the chopped tomatoes.
We really liked the flavor, but the sauce was really thin and runny. I think next time I will cut down on the sour cream. I will make again with my adjustments. Thanks for sharing this with us. Wendy
Used 2 cups each of frozen corn & frozen peas for this salad, then followed the recipe for a wonderful tasting treat! Definitely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the New Zaar Stars tag game]
I did half the recipe. My baby Lou loved this. He was asking for more. I used no-salt canned corn niblets. In the dressing, I didn't use salt, pepper and garlic powder. This is delicious Kit :) This could be even better with fresh corn. Thanks :) Made for Zaar Star Game.