Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chowder is simply good!
Make and share this Creamy Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and dice potatoes into small pieces (should equal 1 c); cook until just tender; set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp; set aside to drain on paper towel; when cool, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Discard all but 3 Tbsp bacon fat; saute onion and celery in bacon fat until soft.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and celery; cook, stirring constantly, for one minute; gradually stir in milk; bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, potatoes, bacon, and seasonings; serve hot.
Yummy and quick! We loved it.
I enjoyed this recipe. It was very easy. I oven baked the bacon. Used just enough bacon fat to very lightly coat the pan to saute the onions and celery. I used hot paprika for a little extra kick! Thanks!
I tried it as written and then did it again with the following changes: Remove bacon and bacon fat and replace with butter. Omit Paprika and Pepper. Add Celery salt 1 tsp Add 3/4 lb of haddock. Both versions worked well but I liked the second as a nice less creamy fish chowder with a twist. This recipe provides a nice solid base for a chowder and gave really nice results.