- 2 small potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes into small pieces (should equal 1 c); cook until just tender; set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp; set aside to drain on paper towel; when cool, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Discard all but 3 Tbsp bacon fat; saute onion and celery in bacon fat until soft.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and celery; cook, stirring constantly, for one minute; gradually stir in milk; bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, potatoes, bacon, and seasonings; serve hot.