Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This creamy chowder is a real belly warmer on a cold winter day!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cans creamed corn
- 2 cans whole kernel corn (or 3 cups frozen)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- grated carrot (garnish) (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in onion, celery and carrot.
- Cook about 5 minutes until softened, but do not brown.
- Stir in flour and cook for additional 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add corn to saucepan.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10-20 minutes.
- Do Not Boil.
Leta, this chowder was delicious!I cut it in half for my husband and I.Excellent, creamy, not too thick. My husband said 5*. He's finally started to rate the recipes without my asking! Will be making this again! Thanks!
It was easy but very bland. Out of 5 people, 0 liked it. I will not make this one again.