Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so creamy and delicious- perfect comfort food! I serve it along side a fresh green salad and whole wheat rolls.
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and water.
- Cook, stirring frequently until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
If canned cream corn brings back fond childhood memories, you'll really enjoy this soup. Nothing fancy, but given how easy it is to throw together, it gets high marks. Thanks for an fast, easy, comforting lunch. Made for PAC Spring 2008.