Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty chowder that is simple to make yet tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen corn or 1 (1 lb) bag canned corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 -2 cup diced cooked ham
- cook bacon until done; drain all but 1-2 tablespoons of the grease.
- add butter, onion, bell pepper and potatoes with the cumin and thyme and sautee until potatoes become tender.
- add chicken stock, cream corn, fresh/frozen corn and heavy cream.
- add cornstarch/water mixture and ham and simmer for 15-20 minutes.