Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is perfect served as a starter. If you are watching your waistline, just omitting the avocado is all you need to do to lower the fat content (although avocado is of the good fats).
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 420 g corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 310 g creamed corn
- 2 egg whites
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200 g avocados (1 small avacado)
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped coarsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped coarsley
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- Preheat oven to hot.
- Oil deep 23cm-round cake pan, line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine egg yolk, flour, corn kernels and creamed corn in medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold into yolk mixture.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered in hot oven about 30 minutes or until browned lightly and cooked through.
- Cut cake into 8 wedges, serve with avocado salsa.
- AVOCADO SALSA:.
- Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- Toss gently.