Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is simple and very easy to make. The results are a creamy and hearty chowder without the use of heavy cream or thickners. Substituting turkey bacon can further lower the calorie count.
- 5 slices bacon or 5 slices turkey bacon, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 14 3⁄4 ounces creamed corn
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- Brown bacon and add onions. Sautee until onions are soft and translucent.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add the next three ingrediants and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring often to prevent sticking or burning.
- Add the sugar and season with salt and fresh black pepper to your liking.
MMM, this is good. I used my potato masher just a little at the end to break up some of the potatoes and help thicken the soup. I used the turkey bacon but I think I will try 3 slices next time. I don't think the flavor would suffer at all. Thank you for a recipe I will make again.
Easy, Quick and Tasty! I followed the recipe using bacon; and added some chopped fresh parsley for a touch of green. Thanks for posting a delicious chowder which I tagged for the BellyWarmers event in Cooking Photos.