Recipe by CrystalB
This could be THE best way to use up leftover turkey. Comfort food at its best - what could be better on a cold January day than a steaming bowl of creamy, delicious soup!! This recipe comes from the 2005 Kraft Kitchens Calendar.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in butter in large saucepan over medium heat until tender, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, broth, milk, turkey and red pepper and mix well.
- Add spices to taste.
- Cook until soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.