1/1 Photo of Creamy Corn and Spinach Enchiladas With Chicken
These are a great way to utilize the rotisserie chickens from the grocery store or leftover cooked chicken. Good way to get some veggies in, too! Use a measuring cup to ensure that the portions are all about the same size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 large corn tortillas (6 to 6.5 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Filling: Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until clear.
- 2Add chicken, chilies, cayenne and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in corn, spinach, sour cream, 1 cup monterey jack cheese and salt. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 4Lightly spray a 13x9 inch pan and a piece of aluminum foil big enough to cover it with non-stick spray.
- 5Microwave 6 tortillas wrapped in damp paper towels on high about 1 minute, until soft enough to roll. Keep warm during assembly by covering with clean kitchen towel. Place a rounded 1/3 cup filling down each tortilla, roll into a cylinder and place seam side down in pan. Repeat with all 12 tortillas. You will probably have two layers of enchiladas in the pan.
- 6For sauce: stir the taco sauce and sour cream together in a small bowl. Pour evenly over enchiladas in pan. Bake, covered with foil for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, and bake uncovered 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Corn and Spinach Enchiladas With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.7
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 1780.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green taco sauce