1/2 Photos of Creamy Corn and Spinach Enchiladas
A friend of mine ordered corn enchiladas while we were out to lunch last weekend. I wasn't in the mood for it at the time but later that day I though it seemed like the perfect way to use some of the Hatch chile I have in the freezer. I had some left over spinach so I decided to throw that in as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup roasted hatch new mexico green chili pepper, diced (leave the seeds in if you want extra heat)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package light sour cream (reserve half for topping after baked)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped (this is about a handful unchopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green tomatillo sauce
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Saute onion in large skillet until soft. Add salt and pepper to onion while sauteing. In a large bowl, defrost corn in microwave and drain well. Return to large bowl.
- 2Add diced Hatch chile to corn.
- 3Add spinach to sauteing onions and cook down, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add softened cream cheese, 4 oz of sour cream, chopped cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and onion / spinach mixture to corn and Hatch chile and mix well.
- 5Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish with olive oil.
- 6Fill each tortilla with 2 or 3 large spoonfuls of corn / spinach mixture. Roll tortillas and line in baking dish. (It may help to warm tortillas in kitchen clothes for 30 seconds in the microwave to ease rolling. Also, I was able to fit 8 across and 4 down in my baking dish.).
- 7Add tomatillo sauce to cover rolled enchiladas and cover with cheese.
- 8Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until brown on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Corn and Spinach Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 958.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tomatillo sauce