Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't made this, but it sounds good! The recipe calls for 6 fresh corn cobs, so I looked up the conversion charts, which suggests that 1 medium corn cob yields about 3/4 cup of corn. That would be 4.5 cups of frozen or canned corn, which sounds like rather a lot, to 200 gr of potatoes, which is about one large potato. Although the corn is pureed, which would make a difference. So I'm going to suggest 3 cups corn, but if you feel that this is too much, or too little, adjust accordingly. And let us know! :D Recipe comes from "Gourmet Stews And Mash".
- 3 cups , frozen or 3 cups canned corn
- 200 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 40 g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- If using frozen corn, prepare as per packet instructions.
- Cook the potato in a pot of lightly salted boiling water until tender, drain and mash with the cream.
- While the potato is cooking, melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for about five-ten minutes, until very soft but not browned.
- Blend the cooked corn with the cooked onion in a food processor until smooth, adding salt and pepper to taste. Stir into the mashed potato and cream, checking the seasoning for taste.
I halved the recipe for DH and myself but I didn't have quite 100 grams of potatoes. (I kept trying different ones on the scale and gave up at a total of 90 grams!) This was easy and yummy and for sure is comfort food! Made for CQ2015/LBOB
I loved this. It reminded me of one of my comfort foods, creamed corn on mashed potatoes.
this is amazing another go to recipe for me i just folded in the frozen corn make this one ,cherry bombers