Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this with cooked fresh corn removed from the husk, the complete recipe may be doubled :)
Make and share this Creamy Corn and Bacon Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch baking dish.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove to a plate and save a couple tablespoons of the drippings.
- When the bacon is cool, crumble and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 5 minutes (adding in garlic the last few minutes of cooking).
- Add/whisk in flour and cayenne pepper; stir until smooth and bubble.
- Add in sour cream; stir until smooth; cook whisking for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add/stir in the thawed corn (or cooked fresh corn) and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
My DH loved it and so did I. I tweeked it a little by adding some hotsauce, and shallots. I will be making this one again
Great side dish. I love every ingredient here, and it's very simple to put together. I made it earlier in the day and then baked it for dinner.
This is very good and very rich! To me it was a different taste esp with the addition all the sour cream. I think that if I had not used 1/2 fresh and 1/2 frozen corn that the soure cream would of overpowered the corn taste. I would highly recommend using fresh or a really good quality frozen so you have a corn taste. The bacon and the parm cheese are a nice added touch. Thanks Kitten!