- 5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch baking dish.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove to a plate and save a couple tablespoons of the drippings.
- When the bacon is cool, crumble and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 5 minutes (adding in garlic the last few minutes of cooking).
- Add/whisk in flour and cayenne pepper; stir until smooth and bubble.
- Add in sour cream; stir until smooth; cook whisking for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add/stir in the thawed corn (or cooked fresh corn) and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.