Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Are you a coffee lover? Need a fix? Have you ever tried a coffee pie? Well,perhaps this is just what you are looking for! I thought it sounded really cool 8)
- 1 tablespoon plain unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the gelatin in the water for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks until light.
- Gradually,add in the 1/2 cup sugar,continue beating.
- Slowly,add the coffee and salt.
- Cook over boiling water for 5 minutes,stir constantly.
- Add the gelatin,and stir until it has dissolved.
- Refridgerate until the mixture has thickened.
- Beat egg whites until stiff,gradually add remaining sugar& vanilla extract.
- Beat well,then pour into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into the pie crust,refridgerating until firm.
- Cover pie with whipped cream,and enjoy.