Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are my daughters all time favorite potatoes. There are a few recipes that are close to this one, but I need to put this online so she can always find the right recipe...I cut this out of the Saginaw News years ago when I lived downstate... I have made these with the frozen southern style shredded potatoes too and they turn out great.
- 2 lbs cubed hash brown potatoes, frozen
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- green pepper, chopped (optional)
- chives (optional) or pimiento, chopped (optional)
- Thaw out hash browns for 1/2 hour. Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hoursin a greased casserole dish. The peppers, chives or pimeintos can be added for color.
ALWAYS a hit, and there are never left-overs after family get-togethers. Super easy, and VERY tasty! Cindy is a master chef and even though these potatoes are very easy to make, they rank right up there with the most complicated of her recipes...tasty, ALL!
These were loved by a group of young men who were gaming at my house. We left with the potatoes and meatloaf in the oven and came home to empty pans. Sorry no picture this time. Followed the ingredients and directions as per recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2009