Recipe by CIndytc
These are my daughters all time favorite potatoes. There are a few recipes that are close to this one, but I need to put this online so she can always find the right recipe...I cut this out of the Saginaw News years ago when I lived downstate... I have made these with the frozen southern style shredded potatoes too and they turn out great.
Top Review by Rebecca Ruth
ALWAYS a hit, and there are never left-overs after family get-togethers. Super easy, and VERY tasty! Cindy is a master chef and even though these potatoes are very easy to make, they rank right up there with the most complicated of her recipes...tasty, ALL!
- 2 lbs cubed hash brown potatoes, frozen
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- green pepper, chopped (optional)
- chives (optional) or pimiento, chopped (optional)