Although I usually think of coleslaw as a summertime side dish, it seems to go really well with my Super Bowl spread. I serve pulled pork with baked beans and some of this lovely, creamy coleslaw, then sit back and collect the compliments! Again, this makes a LOT, so adjust accordingly. This recipe is easily increased or decreased. Use a 16-ounce package of coleslaw mix for every six guests.
- 3 (16 ounce) packagescoleslaw mixed vegetables
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 bell peppers, cut into short, thin slivers (I use 1 each red and yellow)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together all vegetables and celery seed.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss together the vegetables and dressing until thoroughly combined. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Serve.