Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Although I usually think of coleslaw as a summertime side dish, it seems to go really well with my Super Bowl spread. I serve pulled pork with baked beans and some of this lovely, creamy coleslaw, then sit back and collect the compliments! Again, this makes a LOT, so adjust accordingly. This recipe is easily increased or decreased. Use a 16-ounce package of coleslaw mix for every six guests.
Top Review by Dib's
Loved this one! Easy to put together, loved the tang of the dressing and the hint of onion. My husband, who is a KFC Clone fan even enjoyed this-bonus points for that!!! I look forward to having this slaw on a smoky brisket sandwich...soon! Thanks for posting!
- 3 (16 ounce) packagescoleslaw mixed vegetables
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 bell peppers, cut into short, thin slivers (I use 1 each red and yellow)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together all vegetables and celery seed.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Toss together the vegetables and dressing until thoroughly combined. Taste and correct seasoning.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Serve.