1/2 Photos of Creamy Coleslaw With Bell Peppers & Red Onion
Although I usually think of coleslaw as a summertime side dish, it seems to go really well with my Super Bowl spread. I serve pulled pork with baked beans and some of this lovely, creamy coleslaw, then sit back and collect the compliments! Again, this makes a LOT, so adjust accordingly. This recipe is easily increased or decreased. Use a 16-ounce package of coleslaw mix for every six guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (16 ounce) packages coleslaw mixed vegetables
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 bell peppers, cut into short, thin slivers (I use 1 each red and yellow)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large bowl, toss together all vegetables and celery seed.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3Toss together the vegetables and dressing until thoroughly combined. Taste and correct seasoning.
- 4Refrigerate 30 minutes to let flavors blend. Serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coleslaw With Bell Peppers & Red Onion
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar