Recipe by maryL in Canada
This is an easy recipe. It's better when left to soak up the dressing for a few hours. My mom has been making this for years.
Top Review by *Pixie*
Delicious! We really enjoyed this, I don't think I've ever tried coleslaw with apple before and it's really good. I subbed sour cream for the buttermilk and that worked really well. I also used the green onion option rather than red onion since it's what I had available. Very yummy recipe, thanks for posting. made for PAc Spring 2010.
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (pre-packaged is what I use)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unpeeled apple, any kind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped up red onions or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper