Recipe by Fauve
My very first white coleslaw recipe...I've been making this for 18 years, and it never fails to impress people. The sour cream gives this dish a lovely taste, and sets it apart from all other coleslaws I've ever tasted.
Top Review by Me In My Pantry
Great coleslaw with a few changes! I followed the basic recipe but left out the pickles, and slivered almonds, and added raisins and sunflower seeds instead. Kids emptied the bowl, so it will be repeated!
- 1 small cabbage (chopped or grated)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut up
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Toast almonds until barely brown.
- Set aside.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage.
- Toss till well blended.
- Sprinkle almonds onto slaw just before serving (not before).
- Add a dash of celery seed, if desired.