Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, cut lengthwise into thirds and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium carrots, julienne cut
- 2 medium scallions, minced
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage, carrots, and scallions; mix to combine.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes at room temperature to soften cabbage, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
This was sweet-sour and creamy, just like my mom's recipe. Very good and easy. I did make it the night before and refrigerated overnight. Thanks for sharing Skippy! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
A-1 coleslaw wish I could give 10 stars.Thanks for posting.