Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great side dish for fish fries, BBQ foods, or picnics. Vinegar is optional, but adds a little tang to the salad.
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded (can substitute 16 oz package of coleslaw mix)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (omit if using mix)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (optional)
- Place cabbage, green onions and carrots in a medium size bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over cabbage mixture, and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour if possible before serving.
Very good. I used balsamic vinegar and no sugar. Used broccoli coleslaw mix. Will definately make again.
This is the recipe I have searched for for years. The seasonings are great!
I love cole slaws,one of my very favorite foods,and this is par excellence of 99% of what's in my cookbooks here.A wonderful recipe.I thank you for sharing your great delicious recipe.