1/2 Photos of Creamy Coleslaw
1 hr 20 mins
This is the freshest variation on slaw that I have seen in a long time. The ingredients are a bit out of the norm--jicama and cilantro to start with--but the crunch and flavor are to die for. There is enough of the familiar flavors to provide comfort--but your taste buds will love the change. I love all kinds of slaw, but this one tops my list! This recipe comes from Juan-Carlos Cruz (Calorie Commando/FoodTV). ("Cooking" time is chilling time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/4 head)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup jicama, finely julienned (1 jicama about the size of a softball)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1Combine vinegar, mayonnaise, poppy seeds, celery salt, and hot sauce in a small bowl, whisking until well blended.
- 2In a medium bowl, toss together the cilantro, cabbage, shredded carrots, green onions, bell pepper and jicama.
- 3Pour dressing over and toss until coated with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for about an hour so slaw is thoroughly chilled and flavores blended.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 816.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: