Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy slaw that, I feel, is better made a few hours before serving so that it retains its crispness.
- 1 large head green cabbage, trimmed, shredded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes then dried well
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion and parsley.
- In small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, pineapple juice, sugar and celery seed.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
I didn't care for the mix of tastes in this slaw. The pineapple was definitely different. I would not make this again.
This was a very delicious cole slaw! I did make a few changes with what I had on hand. I used the already shredded cole slaw in a bag and used celery flakes in place of the seeds. I made up the mixture (leaving out thet parsley) and let set in ref. for a hour than added the slaw and served with "Crock Pot Nc Pulled Pork" (recipe here at Food.com) My husbsand doesn't even like cole slaw and he said he really liked this one. So with that said, I will be keeping this recipe and making again in the future. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very good. The Pineapple juice is not overpowering, was perfect after chilling for 2 hours. Just the right amount of sweetness. I used the package angel hair cole slaw. Family loved it thank you!