1/1 Photo of Creamy Cole Slaw
A quick and easy slaw that, I feel, is better made a few hours before serving so that it retains its crispness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head green cabbage, trimmed, shredded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup minced red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes then dried well
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion and parsley.
- 2In small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, pineapple juice, sugar and celery seed.
- 3Toss the vegetables with the dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: