1/1 Photo of Creamy cold potato soup (Vichyssoise)
2 hrs 40 mins
A.M. Collins's Note:
Yes, it is very rich but allow yourself this guilty pleasure every so often. It is fantastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in dutch oven or heavy deep pan.
- 2Saute the leeks and onion-cook gently, stirring frequently until golden.
- 3Add broth and potatoes.
- 4Boil gently, uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
- 5Let cool and run through a processor until smooth.
- 6You may need to do this in two batches.
- 7Put mixture in large bowl and refrigerate.
- 8Chill for about 20 minutes.
- 9When cold stir in cream, chives salt and pepper.
- 10If too thick add some milk.
- 11Consistency should be somewhat thinner than pan cake batter.
- 12Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy cold potato soup (Vichyssoise)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth