Recipe by Sharon123
A beautiful yummy sauce that goes so well over brownies, ice cream, angel food cake or pound cake! Use in between layers in a trifle. From the Folgers folks.
Top Review by twissis
A truly wonderful sauce & the coffee flavor shines, but in a way kids & adults will both enjoy. It is very sweet & I will reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup next time. It was served over marbled pound cake & I want to try the other uses you suggested. It would be lovely w/bread pudding or maybe even French toast, but tomorrow nite it will top vanilla ice cream & I will post a 2nd pic. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-) ~ *Edited to Add* on 5/8 ~ *TDF* great on vanilla ice cream! *Yum* !
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup very strong brewed coffee
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, scald together the cream and coffee.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar for 8-10 minutes with the electric mixer until mixture is very thick and lemony-colored.
- Gradually beat in the warm coffee mixture.
- Return to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir the vanilla.
- Cool, cover, and chill until very cold. Enjoy spooned over a brownie, plain angel food cake, or pound cake for delicious desserts.
- Makes about 2-1/2 cups.