1/2 Photos of Creamy Coffee Sauce
A beautiful yummy sauce that goes so well over brownies, ice cream, angel food cake or pound cake! Use in between layers in a trifle. From the Folgers folks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, scald together the cream and coffee.
- 2Beat the egg yolks with the sugar for 8-10 minutes with the electric mixer until mixture is very thick and lemony-colored.
- 3Gradually beat in the warm coffee mixture.
- 4Return to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- 5Stir the vanilla.
- 6Cool, cover, and chill until very cold. Enjoy spooned over a brownie, plain angel food cake, or pound cake for delicious desserts.
- 7Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coffee Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.9
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 356.9 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 80.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g