Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful punch for a dessert buffet or a holiday open house.
- 1⁄2 cup instant coffee or 1⁄2 cup instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- nutmeg, if desired
- Dissolve coffee and sugar in water; stir in vanilla.
- In large mixing bowl, stir in cream into well-beaten eggs.
- Add coffee mixture to egg mixture.
- Beat in softened ice cream.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, beat to blend.
- Pour punch into serving glasses, small punch bowl, or pitcher.
- Sprinkle servings or punch in punch bowl with nutmeg, if desired.
Excellent! I cut this down to 4 servings using the tool on Zaar and came up with these measurements: 1/8 C instant coffee 1/8 C sugar (I use Splenda) 1 C cold water 1/2 tsp vanilla 1/4 C half & Half (I used fat free) 1 egg (I used 1/2 C egg beaters) 1 pint vanilla ice cream This stuff is so good. I can just imagine drinking it on a hot summer evening....I'm thinking that adding some chocolate syrup for a mocha flavor would be great too.