Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a chocolate cake with a creamy coffee filling that is just fantastic with a big cup on Cafe' Mocha in the evening.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup sunflower oil or 2⁄3 cup other oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 3⁄4 ounces grated chocolate
- chocolate, caraques
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease three 7-inch cake pans Sift the flour, baking powder, and the unsweetened cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the center and stir in the eggs, syrup, oil, and milk.
- Beat with a spoon, gradually mixing in the dry ingriedents to make a smooth baker.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared pans Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cakes are springy to the touch.
- Let stand in the pans for 5 minutes before turning them out onto wire racks to cool Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and place in a bowl with the cream and the powdered sugar, Whip until the cream is just holding it's shape.
- Use half of the cream mixture to layer between the cakes and the other half to spread on top and around the cakes.
- Lightly press the grated chocolate into the sides of the cake.
- Top by lining the chocolate caraques on top.