This is a chocolate cake with a creamy coffee filling that is just fantastic with a big cup on Cafe' Mocha in the evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil or 2/3 cup other oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Lightly grease three 7-inch cake pans Sift the flour, baking powder, and the unsweetened cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- 3Stir in the sugar.
- 4Make a well in the center and stir in the eggs, syrup, oil, and milk.
- 5Beat with a spoon, gradually mixing in the dry ingriedents to make a smooth baker.
- 6Divide the mixture between the prepared pans Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cakes are springy to the touch.
- 7Let stand in the pans for 5 minutes before turning them out onto wire racks to cool Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water and place in a bowl with the cream and the powdered sugar, Whip until the cream is just holding it's shape.
- 8Use half of the cream mixture to layer between the cakes and the other half to spread on top and around the cakes.
- 9Lightly press the grated chocolate into the sides of the cake.
- 10Top by lining the chocolate caraques on top.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g