Recipe by Sackville
This is a soup I created one night while cleaning out my fridge. A bit of this, a bit of that makes for one tasty soup! You could also add in the cod just thawed but not cooked, as long as you allow a little extra cooking time.
- 2 frozen cod fish fillets, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2⁄3 cup wine
- 2 -3 cups boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the potatoes, celery, carrots and red pepper for a few minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and peas as well as the wine.
- Let the wine reduce and then add just enough water to cover, the stock cube, dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add in the flesh of the cod, which should be flaked into bite-sized chunks.
- You may need to add a touch more water to keep the vegetables covered.
- Let simmer a few more minutes, then add in the milk.
- Heat through, season and serve with a hearty bread.
- You can also use a hand blender to purée part or all of the soup, giving it a smoother texture.