Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This salad looks very lovely with the fresh fruit placed in the center of the mold. Cook time is the chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened,cut into small pieces
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite-size pieces
- Very lightly oil a1 1/2 quart jello mold.
- Put the water in a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over the water to soften.
- Stir over low heat until it dissolves; set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, coconut, nuts and extract and mix well.
- Stir in gelatin.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Stir and pour mixture into mold.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Gently run a knife around edges of mold to release.
- Serve with fruit.