Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a incredible Chocolate upside down cake recipe! It has the coconut, pecans, cream cheese, German chocolate cake mix AND chocolate chips! Can't go wrong here! When baked, cut pieces and scoop the frosting off the bottom or turn the pan upside down on a board. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans over bottom of pan.
- In large bowl with mixer, mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs at a low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips; spoon the batter evenly over coconut and pecans.
- For frosting, in separate large bowl combine sugar, margarine and cream cheese.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon evenly over batter to within 1 inch of edges.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.