This is a incredible Chocolate upside down cake recipe! It has the coconut, pecans, cream cheese, German chocolate cake mix AND chocolate chips! Can't go wrong here! When baked, cut pieces and scoop the frosting off the bottom or turn the pan upside down on a board. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- 2Sprinkle coconut and pecans over bottom of pan.
- 3In large bowl with mixer, mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs at a low speed until moistened.
- 4Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips; spoon the batter evenly over coconut and pecans.
- 6For frosting, in separate large bowl combine sugar, margarine and cream cheese.
- 7Beat until smooth and creamy.
- 8Spoon evenly over batter to within 1 inch of edges.
- 9Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coconut Dbl Chocolate Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8778.5
- Calories from Fat 4917
- Total Fat 546.3 g
- Saturated Fat 171.6 g
- Cholesterol 883.9 mg
- Sodium 6557.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 975.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.9 g
- Sugars 778.7 g
- Protein 76.4 g