Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Creamy Coconut frosting was made to fill and ice my Almond Joy Cake. Then when done frosting you can press into the sides of the cake with some shredded toasted coconut.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 lb sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons coconut milk
- Cream butter, salt, and extracts, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk, beating until smooth. Beat in more milk until desired spreading consistency is reached.
This is the best icing I have ever put in my mouth! I am making my own wedding cake & have been searching for the perfect icing. Folks -- THIS IS IT!!!
Very easy and very tasty. I did make a couple of changes since I didn't have coconut milk or any milk at all. I used 1/2 cup butter and increased the extracts to 1 tsp each. I used this frosting on chocolate cupcake and the two tasted great together.