Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
with a crushed graham cracker crust, smooth, dense filling this is irresistible. You can also add cherry pie topping or fresh cut strawberries on top. No matter what. This is so thick the fork will stand up in it. Serves 16 Prep plus baking time= 1 hr 45 min by Great American Home Baking
- 11 graham crackers (22 squares)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F Crush the crackers into crumbs (use a food processor or put crackers in plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over them until they are crushed). Add the butter and sugar; mix. Press onto the base of a 9 inch springform pan. Chill in refrigerator.
- For the filling, place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Blend in the sugar. Add the flour and beat until combined. On
- low speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time, just until blended, scraping the side of bowl often. Add the sour cream, lemon peel and vanilla and beat just until blended. Pour the filling over the crust in the pan.
- Place cheesecake in pan of water while baking to keep from cracking. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off oven and keep the oven door ajar. Let the cheesecake sit in oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Run a knife around the sides. Cover, chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the pan sides. Slide cheecake onto a serving plate.
- Cut and enjoy.