Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy, elegant Pasta dish. Enjoy!
Make and share this Creamy Clam Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces baby clams or 2 cans chopped clams, reserve juice
- 1 lb of your favorite cooked pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over low heat.
- Add butter, stir until incorporated.
- Stir in milk, clam juice, and seasonings, cook over med.
- heat utill thickened.
- Add clams, and simmer until Pasta is cooked.
- Prepare your favorite Pasta, drain, and top with a generous portion of sauce.
- Top with grated Parmesan.
Such a quick, easy and delicious sauce! Didn't have Old Bay seasoning, so left it out, and used canned evaporated skim milk, but otherwise made as directed. This is definitely a keeper!
My family thought this was good. I thought it was just a little on the bland side. I'm going to add a little more spices and 2 more cans of drained clams. Just a personal preference. The recipe is good as is. Thanks for sharing.
Since i had prepared "Harvest Tomato Crumble" due to our plum tomato glut, wanted a light sauce to add to Costco frozen filled shells, which was NOT tomato. This worked very well, added 1/2 cup sour cream, left in the frig, and no Old Bay, since I knew the tomatoes would be intensely flavored. Added just one can of clams and juice, for 8 shells, for 2 of us (and the dog), and had a very tasty dinner. Thanks, Linda.