1/3 Photos of Creamy Clam Chowder
1 hr 20 mins
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This is a traditional clam chowder with bacon, half-and-half, clam juice, and thickened with a roux. Recipe is from All recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, celery, and onion until onion is translucent.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Whisk in flour to form a roux, cooking until bubbly.
- 5Whisk in 1 jar of clam juice, until smooth.
- 6Stir in onion mixture.
- 7Pour in half-and-half,and rest of clam juice, stirring constantly.
- 8Stir in clams, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- 9Season with pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 919.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g