Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans minced clams or 2 cans chopped clams
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk
- In medium saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Gradually stir in flour and pepper; add wine and clams.
- Cook and stir until thickened; remove from heat.
- Blend half-and-half with egg yolk; stir into wine mixture.
- Heat through.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Spoon into bowls; garnish with paprika.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I was really excited to try this recipe because a local restaurant makes a great clam bisque. I was incredibly disappointed when I tasted the recipe. I ended up adding 4 cubes of chicken bouillon, some salt and some garlic. It was edible, but still not at all what I was hoping for. I will not be making this recipe again!
Mmmm.... Rich and creamy! I made this as written, just adding a little gaelic. The texture was perfect. The flavor was also very good, but next time I would add some fresh herbs; maybe parsley and tarragon.... just to enhance the flavor a bit more. Thanx for posting!