- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, drained,reserving liquid
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion in margarine until tender.
- Gradually stir in flour and pepper; then add reserved clam liquid and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Beat half-and-half with egg yolk; stir into pan along with clams.
- Heat through (DO NOT BOIL).
- Garnish with paprika, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.