Recipe by AmyNoelle513
Boneless center cut pork chops cooking in a citrusy sauce. Suprizingly easy and done in under 45 minutes! I like this recipe because it is quick and the kids gobble it up. The sauce is really good and can be poured over rice as a side dish too. I found the base of this recipe 15 years ago when I first started to cook. I have added to it and made it my own. Makes great leftovers.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
We enjoyed this, though I think the orange juice and wine competed with one another. Next time, I will use one or the other but not both together. The onions added a nice zing, and next time I prepare this recipe I will slice the onion into thin rings instead of chopping as I think sauteed onion rings are such a great companion with pork. Thank you for sharing your recipe, AmyNoelle 513. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
- 4 -6 pork chops (boneless and thick)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (go for a sweet one)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat or sodium)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and set aside.
- Heat oil in large high sided pan over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper each chop, put in hot oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- To the pan add the orange juice, zest, onion, and white wine.
- Reduce heat to low (simmer) cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove pork chops from pan. Put them on a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup to the pan and whisk constantly over Medium heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour over chops.