Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Boneless center cut pork chops cooking in a citrusy sauce. Suprizingly easy and done in under 45 minutes! I like this recipe because it is quick and the kids gobble it up. The sauce is really good and can be poured over rice as a side dish too. I found the base of this recipe 15 years ago when I first started to cook. I have added to it and made it my own. Makes great leftovers.
- 4 -6 pork chops (boneless and thick)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (go for a sweet one)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat or sodium)
- black pepper
- Chop onion and set aside.
- Heat oil in large high sided pan over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper each chop, put in hot oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- To the pan add the orange juice, zest, onion, and white wine.
- Reduce heat to low (simmer) cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove pork chops from pan. Put them on a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup to the pan and whisk constantly over Medium heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Pour over chops.
We enjoyed this, though I think the orange juice and wine competed with one another. Next time, I will use one or the other but not both together. The onions added a nice zing, and next time I prepare this recipe I will slice the onion into thin rings instead of chopping as I think sauteed onion rings are such a great companion with pork. Thank you for sharing your recipe, AmyNoelle 513. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
You have a great recipe for making very nice tasting chops, & we absolutely loved the sauce! I did use cream of celery soup instead of the mushroom kind (my preference, although my other half, I'm sure, would have liked the mushroom stuff!), but other than that, the recipe was followed! I'll be keeping it around to make again & again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]